NBA trades, signings and more: Al Jefferson to Utah, Josh Childress is back, Antawn Jamison off the bench
A ton has happened so far this summer, which could go down as one of the most active and significant ever. For solid overviews of all that’s happened recently, check out Fantasy Basketball Daily and RotoWorld.
Here’s a quick take on some of the major moves that have taken place in the past few days (using our blog’s trademark color system):
- Al Jefferson dealt to the Utah Jazz: he’ll finally get to play with an elite point guard in Deron Williams, and could move Mehmet Okur to the bench while popping much of the juicy potential Paul Millsap had; Kevin Love now has command over the Timberwolves’ frontcourt
- Josh Childress will make his NBA comeback in Phoenix, which is where Hedo Turkoglu was traded to: this certainly puts a damper on Hakim Warrick’s value heading into the season, Turkoglu immediately becomes an appealing fantasy option again and Leandro Barbosa might be set to bounce back in Toronto
- Tyson Chandler was dealt to the Dallas Mavericks along with Alexis Ajinca in exchange for Erick Dampier(‘s contract), Eduardo Najera and Matt Carroll: Chandler will split time with Brendan Haywood, and we’ll have to see where Dampier ends up
- Quentin Richardson is with the Orlando Magic now, but he won’t be much better than the erratic bunches of threes he hit in Miami last season; he joins Chris Duhon, who can’t fare much worse than he did in New York…can he?
- Antawn Jamison could come off the bench, according to new Cavs coach Byron Scott
- Kyle Korver is on the Chicago Bulls, where he’ll likely come off the bench to hit the occasional three; of course, he joins Carlos Boozer
- Jordan Farmar, Travis Outlaw and Anthony Morrow signed with the Nets
- Luther Head signed with the Hornets, which doesn’t bode well for Marcus Thornton or Darren Collison
- Udonis Haslem re-signed with the Miami Heat, of course
- Ben Wallace is a Piston again
- Matt Bonner is a Spur again
- Timofey Mozgov is officially a Knick
- Steve Blake is a Laker; he’ll split time with Derek Fisher and Shannon Brown
- Tony Allen is on the Memphis Grizzlies
- Jermaine O’Neal joins the senior living center that is the Boston Celtics, where Paul Pierce and Ray Allen re-signed
- Dorrell Wright is on the Golden State Warriors
A glimpse at the possible future:
- Mike Miller, Juwan Howard and Brad Miller to Miami?
- Al Harrington to Dallas?
- Raja Bell to the Lakers?