Yes, it’s only late July, but there’s already some delightfully juicy fantasy basketball content floating around in the ocean that is the Internet. Here are some delicious morsels:
- Henry at Weakside Help recently put up a post titled, “What type of fantasy player are you?” Are you Mr. Average? The Dan Gilbert? Ms. Bo Peep? I’d like to think I don’t fall into any of those archetypes. It’s an entertaining read that will probably make you nod and remember names and faces that you’d rather not deal with until your drafts start.
- Doneycat at Tale of 9 Cats is doing some admirable work over there. First, it was another interview with Ken Slight at Basketball Monster, then it was an interview with Steve “Dr. A” Alexander of RotoWorld fame. I’m looking forward to who he interviews next.
- Give Me The Rock continues its fruitful summer with a fantasy basketball preview of the Golden State Warriors. (They’ve already covered the 76ers, Pacers and Thunder.)
- Summer League is over, so here’s John Cregan’s (ESPN) take on what real-life player attributes can translate into fantasy value, along with which players to keep an eye on in light of those scouting observations. (J.J. Hickson, Reggie Williams and DeMar DeRozan are among them.)
- Speaking of Summer League, Basketball Monster (wow, two appearances in one post?) recently posted its Summer League fantasy player rankings, based on averages. The top five, in order, are John Wall, Nick Young (who only played one game), Coby Karl, John Lucas and Ty Lawson.