Tag: jeff green
PG: Russell Westbrook, Eric Maynor, Royal Ivey
SG: Thabo Sefolosha, James Harden, Daequan Cook
SF: Kevin Durant, Morris Peterson
PF: Jeff Green, Nick Collison, D.J. White, Ryan Reid
C: Nenad Krstic, Serge Ibaka, Cole Aldrich, Byron Mullens
Relevant fantasy players and projected draft positions/per-game stats:
Kevin Durant – SF (Rd. 1): 31 Pts, 1.5 threes, 8 Reb, 3 Ast, 1.5 Stl, 1 Blk
Russell Westbrook – PG (Rd. 2-5): 16.5 Pts, 5 Reb, 8.5 Ast, 1.5 Stl
Jeff Green – F (Rd. 5-6): 16 Pts, 1 three, 6.5 Reb, 1 Stl, 1 Blk
James Harden – SG (Rd. 10-11): 11 Pts, 1 three, 3 Reb, 1 Stl
Serge Ibaka – C (Rd. 13+): 7 Pts, 6.5 Reb, 1.5 Blk (continue reading…)
Round five already? This is going faster than Rick Pitino’s –
Nevermind. You get my point — each round of this mock draft is flying by. Henry at Weakside Help and I have already tag-teamed to knock down four rounds of this mock draft (head-to-head, nine categories, 12 teams, 13 rounds), with pretty solid results thus far, if I may say so myself. (That’s more of a nod to Henry’s work so far, given that he’s always taking a later round than I am.)
While drafting a single rock-solid fantasy basketball team is a tough task in and of itself, trying to build 12 solid teams at the same time is much more insane. For each round I find myself attempting to see things from 12 different angles — the closest thing to schizophrenia that someone can experience in the realm of fantasy ball.
Regardless, I’m thoroughly enjoying the process and am eager to tackle this fifth round, the most difficult (and probably the most questionable) one for me so far: (continue reading…)
Chain gang: NBA action, fantasy rankings, Summer League, David Lee, Amar’e Stoudemire, Roddy Beaubois
- ESPN.com has you covered with this helpful chart. Having a hard time keeping tabs on all the player movement in the NBA this summer?
- Matt Buser at Yahoo! Sports has an updated fantasy basketball Big Board. See how it compares with my top-25 list.
- If you want to see how players are doing during this year’s NBA Summer League games, head on over to NBA.com for a list of statistics. So far, DeMarcus Cousins (16.5 points, 11 rebounds per game), John Wall (21.0 points, 9.0 assists, 3.5 steals per game) and Reggie Williams (23.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists per game) are faring well. We’ll break down the potential ramifications of Summer League once all the games are played.
- David Lee vs. Amar’e Stoudemire: who ya got? Tom Lorenzo at FanHouse mulls this question over and comes to a tough call. (I’m taking David Lee, though as Lorenzo astutely points out, that will hinge on how well Andris Biedrins plays this season.)
- It’s looking more and more like Shawn Marion will be coming off the pine in Dallas this season, making way for Roddy Beaubois to start at SG for the Mavs. While this is bad news for Marion’s already tanking fantasy value, Beaubois immediately becomes a sexy sleeper pick.
- Nels at Give Me The Rock has posted his preview of the Oklahoma City Thunder, armed with a song parody and guidance on where to take Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook.