Tag: kenyon martin
- Nick Friedell at ESPN Chicago is shedding more light on Tracy McGrady’s off-season recovery. This will surely add much fuel to the fire of optimism that seems to be brewing for T-Mac this season. While it appears that McGrady is getting sexier and sexier by the day, don’t befooled – he’s still the same risk he was last season, and the season before that, and the season before that… You get the picture. Yes, this is good news for him, especially as a human being recovering from physical and mental hardships, but don’t fall for him just yet. If you do find yourself with McGrady on your roster, look to deal him rather than hold onto him.
- Rick Bonell at The Charlotte Observer lists 10 things he observed at the Bobcats pick-up games last week, and there are lots of juicy bits of information there. Among them are:
Tyson Chandler isn’t playing yet, but is working on screen-and-roll plays with Raymond Felton.
- Nazr Mohammed looks like he’s in great shape. (Regardless, so long as Chandler is healthy, Mohammed has little value.)
- D.J. Augustin seems to be fully recovered from the abdominal injury that plagued him last year.
- Kenyon Martin had some interesting things to say to the Sports Guys at 104.3 The Fan in Denver. He says his legs “feel great” and that he has his “hops back,” adding that he hasn’t felt this great in five years. This is good news for K-Mart, who is a solid fantasy play when given enough minutes, but he’ll have a hard time finding playing time with Nene and the emerging Chris Andersen ready to battle for significant playing time in the front court.
- Michael Beasley has returned to the Miami Heat after spending a month in rehab, according to the Associated Press. He worked out with the team on Monday and “easily” passed the conditioning test. This is good news, but wait to see whether or not the second-year forward can sustain consistent production this year.