Tag: kevin garnett
PG: Rajon Rondo, Nate Robinson, Delonte West, Avery Bradley, Oliver Lafayette
SG: Ray Allen, Von Wafer
SF: Paul Pierce, Marquis Daniels
PF: Kevin Garnett, Glen Davis, Luke Harangody
C: Jermaine O’Neal, Shaquille O’Neal, Semih Erden, Kendrick Perkins
Relevant fantasy players and projected draft positions/per-game stats:
Rajon Rondo – PG (Rd. 2): 15.5 Pts, 4 Reb, 10 Ast, 2.5 Stl
Paul Pierce – G/F (Rd. 3-4): 17.5 Pts, 1.5 threes, 4 Reb, 3 Ast, 1 Stl
Kevin Garnett – PF (Rd. 4-6): 15 Pts, 8 Reb, 2.5 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 Blk
Ray Allen – SG (Rd. 6-7): 15 Pts, 2 threes, 3 Reb, 2.5 Ast, 1 Stl
Jermaine O’Neal – C (Rd. 12+): 9 Pts, 5.5 Reb, 1 Blk
Nate Robinson – G (Rd. 13+): 5 Pts, 1.5 threes, 2 Ast, 1 Stl
Delonte West – G (Rd. 13+): 4 Pts, 2 Ast, 1 Stl
Shaquille O’Neal (Rd. 13+): 8.5 Pts, 5.5 Reb, 1 Blk
Glen Davis – F/C (Rd. 13+): 5 Pts, 3 Reb
Semih Erden – C (Rd. 13+): 4 Pts, 3 Reb, 1 Blk (continue reading…)
A friendly reminder: Our flash-mob mock draft at Mock Draft Central is taking place tomorrow evening (Thursday, Aug. 26). Since I’m gunning for us all to take part in a free draft (bloggin’ ain’t easy — or lucrative), I can’t predict exactly what time or how many spots (10 or 12) will be available in the slot we get, but it will be sometime around 7 p.m. EDT (it won’t be earlier than that). The good news is that you can reserve your spot as soon as the time slot is created by the good people at Mock Draft Central, so keep an eye out for an update here and on Twitter sometime late tonight or early tomorrow morning about exactly when the draft will take place. It will be 14 rounds of nine-category goodness, and you choose your pick position. After the draft is over, I’ll post a round-by-round analysis where I’ll publicly laud or embarrass your picks (half-kidding). I hope you’re excited as I am.
- You’ll find Dirk Nowitzki ranked as the No. 4 overall fantasy player just about everywhere, but that doesn’t mean it’s cool. Justin at Life is Just a Fantasy…Basketball Blog talks about why he’s going with Stephen Curry at No. 4.
- Henry at Weakside Help is optimistic about the likes of Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum this season, but Pau Gasol? Pau-lease.
- Fantasy Basketball Daily is in the midst of his position-by-position fantasy rankings (based on a scoring system). Tippy’s going with Deron Williams over Chris Paul.
- The great Dan Gilbert is the guest poster for Give Me The Rock’s Cleveland Cavaliers fantasy team preview, and guess what? Comic Sans, that’s what.
- Yao Ming‘s famous foot (shouldn’t it have a nickname by now?) is declared fully healed and the big man appears optimistic. The AP report mentions his conditioning (he lost 40 pounds in the last 3.5 months, and wants to lose more weight) and that his minutes will be limited in the early going, as expected. If you’re optimistic about his fantasy value this season, giggle with glee.
- Kevin Garnett used to be a fantasy monster — now he’s relegated to being good for a highlight reel’s worth of cussing. Head over to Basketbawful to witness some of KG’s verbal diarrhea, but put earmuffs on the ears of any children that might be in the room.
Beast of the Night: Derrick Rose wrecked the Celtics with 39 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 blocks and 2 turnovers. He shot 68 percent (15-22) from the field and 90 percent (9-10) from the line. Rose didn’t make quite the second-year jump that many expected of him but that won’t stop owners from tagging him with hopes of a breakout season in 2010-11.
Kevin Garnett – 5-12 FG (42%), 4-5 FT (80%), 14 Pts, 9 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 TO; This was a hugely disappointing season for Garnett, and owners who thought he could put together a turnaround were way off the mark. Hoping for a revived KG next season is like hoping for a resuscitation of Lindsay Lohan’s film career – it’s not going to happen.
Kirk Hinrich – 11-20 FG (55%), 4-5 FT (80%), 4 3ptm, 30 Pts, 4 Reb, 5 Ast, 1 Stl, 1 TO; Spock is usually unappreciated but his all-around fantasy production can’t be denied on most weeks. His value will probably take a hit next year, since Chicago is set to make a run for at least one big-name free agent. (continue reading…)
[Read the full, original post at Dimemag.com]
PG – Mo Williams, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Rajon Rondo
SG – Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Dwyane Wade, Manu Ginobili
SF – Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Andre Iguodala, Corey Maggette, LeBron James
PF – Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Antawn Jamison
C – Dwight Howard, Andrew Bogut, Marcus Camby, Jermaine O’Neal (continue reading…)
Beast of the Night: LeBron James finished with 38 points, 1 three, 6 boards, 9 dimes, 1 steal and 3 turnovers. He shot 68 percent (15-22) from the field and 88 percent (7-8) from the free throw line.
Rajon Rondo – 4-9 FG (44%), 3-6 FT (50%), 11 Pts, 11 Reb, 15 Ast, 4 Stl, 4 TO
Kevin Garnett – 8-20 FG (40%), 4-5 FT (80%), 20 Pts, 10 Reb, 5 Ast, 1 Stl
Stephen Jackson – 15-24 FG (63%), 3-4 FT (75%), 4 3ptm, 37 Pts, 5 Reb, 3 Ast, 2 Stl, 5 TO (continue reading…)