Tag: michael jordan
Just because there’s a lockout doesn’t mean you can’t be improving your fantasy basketball game this summer.
Head on over time DimeMag.com to read my latest post: “5 Fantasy Basketball Mistakes You Made This Season and Lessons to Learn for Next.”
In it you’ll read about my “Portman Zone” of sorrow, along with discussions of five mistakes many fantasy owners likely made throughout 2010-11, and what to do to avoid them in the future:
1) You were too late on pickups
2) You were too quick/late to drop players
3) You failed to update your lineups
4) You didn’t pay attention to your team’s rankings in each category throughout the season
5) You made bad trades
Read the full post here.
What better way to spend the NBA lockout than by reminiscing and watching some awesome Michael Jordan footage? Cheers. (continue reading…)
- “Kobe.” Michael Jordan declared that Kobe Bryant is better than LeBron James (via Lakers Blog at LATimes.com):
While this is far from surprising, especially in light of Kobe’s recent championship and LeBron’s recent choke job followed by his controversial decision to shy away from a shot at personal greatness, MJ’s verbal stamp on the matter is certainly interesting.
- The Monkey Cage uses game theory to explore whether or not LeBron dug himself into a “suboptimal outcome.” It’s a thought-intensive read, but well worth the interesting perspective it offers.
- Sam Smith offers his take on the winners and losers of the “Great Free Agency of 2010″ over at Bulls.com.
- John Wall has already impressed a lot of NBA bigwigs, according to ESPN.com’s Daily Dime.
- Over at Bleacher Report, Jose Cruz offers his thoughts on the top-15 fantasy ballers for 2010-11. He has LeBron dropped to No. 7 overall, placed Danny Granger at No. 3 and has Paul Millsap at No. 10. This clearly conflicts with my projections, but hey — it can’t hurt to read other perspectives to help inform your decisions on draft day, so read on.