Tag: summer league
Yes, it’s only late July, but there’s already some delightfully juicy fantasy basketball content floating around in the ocean that is the Internet. Here are some delicious morsels:
- Henry at Weakside Help recently put up a post titled, “What type of fantasy player are you?” Are you Mr. Average? The Dan Gilbert? Ms. Bo Peep? I’d like to think I don’t fall into any of those archetypes. It’s an entertaining read that will probably make you nod and remember names and faces that you’d rather not deal with until your drafts start.
- Doneycat at Tale of 9 Cats is doing some admirable work over there. First, it was another interview with Ken Slight at Basketball Monster, then it was an interview with Steve “Dr. A” Alexander of RotoWorld fame. I’m looking forward to who he interviews next.
- Give Me The Rock continues its fruitful summer with a fantasy basketball preview of the Golden State Warriors. (They’ve already covered the 76ers, Pacers and Thunder.)
- Summer League is over, so here’s John Cregan’s (ESPN) take on what real-life player attributes can translate into fantasy value, along with which players to keep an eye on in light of those scouting observations. (J.J. Hickson, Reggie Williams and DeMar DeRozan are among them.)
- Speaking of Summer League, Basketball Monster (wow, two appearances in one post?) recently posted its Summer League fantasy player rankings, based on averages. The top five, in order, are John Wall, Nick Young (who only played one game), Coby Karl, John Lucas and Ty Lawson.
If you haven’t heard by now, there’s an amusing video of Minnesota Timberwolves GM David Kahn having a chat with Chris Webber and Matt Winer while watching the T-Wolves play a Summer League game. During this five-minute segment, Kahn calls Darko Milicic “manna from heaven,” compares Darko’s passing skills to those of Vlade Divac, and uses Webber’s career to make a point about Darko’s struggles. Hilarity and awkwardness ensue. Watch the video below:
Just for fun, here’s a poll for you readers: If C-Webb made a comeback to the NBA today, who would you take for your fantasy squad in 2010-11: Webber or Darko? Vote in the poll below, and sound off on what you think of the video in the comments section.
Chain gang: NBA action, fantasy rankings, Summer League, David Lee, Amar’e Stoudemire, Roddy Beaubois
- ESPN.com has you covered with this helpful chart. Having a hard time keeping tabs on all the player movement in the NBA this summer?
- Matt Buser at Yahoo! Sports has an updated fantasy basketball Big Board. See how it compares with my top-25 list.
- If you want to see how players are doing during this year’s NBA Summer League games, head on over to NBA.com for a list of statistics. So far, DeMarcus Cousins (16.5 points, 11 rebounds per game), John Wall (21.0 points, 9.0 assists, 3.5 steals per game) and Reggie Williams (23.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists per game) are faring well. We’ll break down the potential ramifications of Summer League once all the games are played.
- David Lee vs. Amar’e Stoudemire: who ya got? Tom Lorenzo at FanHouse mulls this question over and comes to a tough call. (I’m taking David Lee, though as Lorenzo astutely points out, that will hinge on how well Andris Biedrins plays this season.)
- It’s looking more and more like Shawn Marion will be coming off the pine in Dallas this season, making way for Roddy Beaubois to start at SG for the Mavs. While this is bad news for Marion’s already tanking fantasy value, Beaubois immediately becomes a sexy sleeper pick.
- Nels at Give Me The Rock has posted his preview of the Oklahoma City Thunder, armed with a song parody and guidance on where to take Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook.